28 Pitt’s Bay Road
Pembroke, HM 06
Need Help Now?
Westmeath is here to help find solutions.
Contact Westmeath’s Executive Director, April Augustus
to see how we can make a difference.
Main Line: 441-295-2451
Frequently Asked Questions
Our monthly rates are derived by looking at the frequency and complexity of care each individual receives.
- Nursing staff 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and all meals
- Assistance with activities and daily living
- Skilled nursing care
- Unlimited access to the Activities Programme,
- Medication management
- physiotherapy services,
- Higher levels of care include; incontinence wear and toiletries, split system air conditioners in all rooms and areas, housekeeping, laundry service or access to laundry machines.
For an admission, the first step is for the Director of Nursing to assess the individual looking for care. The assessment is an informative meeting with the individual and their family, where we can better understand the individual’s needs, daily routines, hobbies, likes, dislikes, and interactive dialog about what Westmeath has to offer.
This is a very common feeling and should not be shrugged off lightly. These concerns can stem from the unknown and pre-conceived ideas about what a “Nursing Home” is like. Arm yourself with more information and come to meet with us here at Westmeath for a tour. We recognize that our care does not suit every individual, however, there are opportunities that care at Home cannot provide. Be open to new possibilities and understand that receiving support can often prolong independence. With Westmeath’s person centred care, feelings of isolation, boredom and helplessness can turn into meaningful days and having a purpose. Being active and involved steers Residents and their families to all experience a higher quality of life.
The best way to select a Home is to take a tour and ask yourself the following questions:
- When you first arrive at the Home do you feel welcome?
- Are employees friendly and visible? Do the employees and volunteers know the Resident by name?
- Do Residents look happy, comfortable and engaged? Get feedback from the Residents.
- Is the facility clean and secure?
- Trust your instincts.
- If you still aren’t sure, ask if it is possible to have a trial period.
Westmeath invites you to see the Home at any time that is convenient for you.